We advise all British nationals planning to travel to the UK to remain in close contact with their airlines, especially before going to the airport.
- Your flight may have been cancelled and you may have been rebooked onto another flight.
- You can find more information on the situation at individual airports in the UK on the DirectGov website.
- Check with your travel insurance provider to see what help they can offer.
- The Foreign Office website is also updated regularly with useful information.
- Your flight could be delayed further and you will not be given access to any luggage you have checked-in. You may want to keep a supply of any medications and toiletries in your hand-luggage.
- Let family and friends in the UK now your travel plans and if you have been delayed.